Since I blogged about the differences I noticed on Hong Kong after one year, now, it’s time to write a post about Philippines, two weeks after I left it. Are there any differences? Here are some things that I noticed:
- The South Luzon Express Way looks more complex now, with lots of construction works happening. It seems that they are working double time now.
- The dollar loses its value against peso. 1 dollar is equivalent to 46 pesos now. Good news for the Philippines, bad news for dollar earners like me.
- The price of gasoline increased. The last time I had my car drink some gasoline, it costed Php 38.50 per liter. Now, It’s Php 39.00. Tsk tsk. And the peso is getting stronger, how come?!
- No more political advertisement on televisions. Of course, the election season just ended. Goodbye Pichay! It seems that people hated your multi-million peso commercials.
- We have a new governor in Batangas! Vilma Santos-Recto just kicked Arman Sanchez’s ass. LOL!
New mayors, new governors, new congressmen. Who thinks that everything could change in just two weeks? Hehehe. To my dismay, madam president is still there. LOL!