I’m not a language expert. I just know some basic English. I just like to share some of the most common grammar mistakes that I know of. Actually, I also fall for these mistakes from time to time.
1. Your and You’re. You’re means you are. Your is a possesive form of you, as in your blog. So, don’t interchange them.
2. Lose and loose. Lose is the opposite of win. Loose is the opposite of tight. So, stop flaming someone saying he’s a looser, or someone might tell you you’re tighter!
3. Its and it’s. I sometimes fall for this one. It’s is the shortened it is. Its is the possessive form. Its over! It’s over! I guess you know which one is right, right?
4. To. When you use to, it is always followed by the simple form of the verb. To see is to believe. To be or not to be. To blog or not to blog. You don’t say I came to blogged. It’s wrong. I came to blog, that’s the right one. I came to see you. Not I came to saw you. Unless you mean to cut him with a saw.
5. Latest. Latest is already on the superlative form. So, you don’t say more latest or most latest or pinaka-latest. Latest is enough for us to understand that it is the latest. Pinaka-latest is redundant. I always hear this on tv, especially on those celebrity talk shows.
Well, that’s all I can think of. Don’t fall for these mistakes. These are so basic. I actually learned all of these basic English in college.
By the way, did I commit some mistakes on this blog post? Feel free to correct me on the comment box. 😉 If you have something to add, feel free to share it with us.