I think, this coming holiday will be the longest Holiday season in the Philippines. Eight straight non-working days!
Here are the details on why we have this 8 straight non-working days.
- December 25, 2008 – Christmas Day
- December 26, 2008 – Special Non-Working Day
- December 27, 2008 – Saturday
- December 28, 2008 – Sunday
- December 29, 2008 – Special Non-Working Day
- December 30, 2008 – Rizal Day
- December 31, 2008 – Special Non-Working Day
- January 1, 2009 – New Year’s Day
As to why we have December 26 and 29 as special non-working days in the Philippines, here’s what the Proclamation 1463 (Download here and show to your boss! ) has to say:
Whereas, in order to enable our countrymen to have a more meaningful observance of Christmas and New Year, to strengthen their ties with one another, it is fitting to declare December 26, 2008 (Friday) and December 29, 2008 (Monday) as additional special (non-working) days throughout the country.
So, that’s it. I’ll spend my holiday season in Batangas. I’ll still update this blog if I found some nice keywords to hijack. I already have my Christmas text messages post last year, I think, that will be enough to keep the visitors coming while I’m away. 😀