Here’s my own definition of comment spam.
- Uses keywords in the “Name” section of the comment form. It says name, so, use your name, nick name, or alias. But not keywords such as “make money online”.
- Automated trackback/pingback that is obviously scraping my content.
- Uses permalinks in the “Website” section of the comment form. It says website, so don’t put your permalinks in there. If you want your permalink in it, send me a trackback or a pingback. I don’t delete them as long as they are not trackback/pingback spam.
- Uses gambling and p*rn sites on the “Website” section. I don’t link to these kind of sites.
- Uses too many links on the “Comment Body.” Unless you are giving your source on your comment, I will delete any comment with so many links in it.
- One-liners such as “Nice info”, “Thanks for sharing”, “Good post!”, “Good job!”. Is that all you can say?
All comment spams will be deleted on this blog effective immediately. Ok, not immediately, but I’ll delete them slowly starting today. I’ve got thousands of comments to manually check.
There are many ways to get a link. Directory submission. Social bookmarking site submissions. Exchanging links. Link baiting.
Stay away from comment spamming my blog. Hindi yan lulusot. I don’t like spam. I prefer ham with cheese.