If you added the Twit This code on your blog, I think it’s also a good idea to put that same link on your RSS feed. Your RSS feed readers might not bother visiting your site, but if they are Twitterers, the Twit This link might entice them clicking on that link so that they can share to their followers the awesome content they’ve just read on your blog.
So this post will teach you how to put that Twit This link on your RSS feed. That same Twit This link using the short version of your URL. This time, you need a plugin to install.
1. Download the Feed Layout plugin. (That’s not mine, I just googled it.)
2. Install it. Here’s how.
3. Go to Settings > Feed Layout.
4. Copy the Twit This code and paste it there. You can add the code before the post, after the “more” break or after the post. It’s all up to you.
5. Save changes.
6. Make a blog post telling people about Twit This.
7. Subscribe to your own feed and see if everything went fine.
If you are reading this via feed reader, you can see the Twit This Post link before the post body. Can you see it? 😉
Update: Bloglines is removing the link. You’ll just see Twit This Post! without the link. Google Reader works fine. The link is also visible and clickable on e-mail subscribers! 😀