- Travel early. To avoid heavy traffic, you must travel early. Lots of people, as in lots of people, are travelling to Batangas these days, so, you must travel at early morning to avoid the traffic rush.
- Use the Skyway. If you can’t travel early, use the Skyway. If you reach Osmena highway at around 9:00AM, don’t hesitate to use the Skyway. You’ll save at least 1 hour of your travel time.
- Gas up in Manila. Because the price of gasoline in Batangas is Php 4.xx higher compared to Manila prices per liter. You’ll save a lot of money when you gas up in Manila. Or you can gas up on the gasoline stations at SLEX, their prices are the same in Manila. But don’t ever plan to gas up in Batangas!
- Prepare an exact toll fee. Because there’s an exact amount toll fee lane on SLEX toll gate that is way faster than the ordinary lane. For class 1 vehicle, if you are from Manila and you used the Skyway, you’ll pay Php 85 when entering the Skyway and you’ll pay another Php 57.00 on SLEX tollgate. If you did not use the Skyway, you’ll pay Php 87.00 on SLEX tollgate.
- Use the STAR tollway. It’s faster there. Travel time from Santo Tomas to Batangas City only takes 30 minutes, compared to 1.5 to 2 hours if not using it. Toll fee is Php 55.00 for class 1 vehicles. Note that there is no gasoline station on STAR tollway southbound lane. Make sure you have enough gas before entering it.
Hope you enjoy your summer! Happy trip!