Your site speed can affect your Google rankings. That is what Google announced recently. Site speed is now one of the factors Google considers when ranking sites. The faster your site loads, the better.
What does this mean to your blog? Well, it means that if your blog loads slowly, you must do something about it, right? Here are some tips that could help you speed-up your blog.
1. Remove Unnecessary Widgets and Badges. Do you really need all those badges and widgets on your sidebar? Remove them if you don’t really need them.
2. Remove Unnecessary Plugins. Plugins that just adds clutter to your blog, remove them.
3. Use Super Cache Plugin and Enable Gzip Compression. When your pages are gzipped, it’s smaller and will load faster.
4. Optimize Images. Avoid using BMP and TIFF file! Use PNG for screenshots. Use JPG for all photos. Crop unnecessary parts. Resize if needed. If you are not distributing wallpapers, don’t give us a wallpaper-size pictures.
5. Check your site with speed test tools. I recommend Pingdom. See what’s causing the slowness of your blog and do something about it.
I think, that’s all I can share. If you have other ideas, you can share it on the comments below.