Cloudflare is cool. But there are still things I wish I could do with it but unable to. They listened to me once when I blogged about my issue here (see comment by Matthew Price, Cloudflare founder). Maybe, they might listen again this time?
1. Scrapeshield. I wish they could give us the ability to whitelist domain names, not just enable or disable Scrapeshield for all domains. Their alternative solution of using “hotlink-ok” folder is impractical to implement, especially if you are using CMS such as WordPress. Why not just give us the ability to give a list of the domains we allowed hotlinking? Since we can’t do it right now, we have no choice but to allow hotlinking to all domains if we want some of our domains to hotlink to each other.
2. Pagerules. I wish I could buy Pagerules at a factor of 1 instead of 5. Sometimes, all I need is just additional 2 or 3 Pagerules to make my life better. But they are forcing me to add at least 5. Give us the ability to buy what we only need.
3. Caching. I wish they could finally implement Purge Caching using wildcards. It’s been long overdue.
4. Firewall. IP blocking is OK. But I wish they can also allow blocking by User-agent.
5. Ability to purchase additional features without subscription to plans. Just like what they did with Pagerules and SSL Certificates, I wish they can also do it with other features. Not everyone can pay additional $20/mo for a Pro Plan or $200/mo for a Business Plan but we can pay a fraction of it for some features we would like to be on our sites. I believe some of us are willing to pay for WAF, Bypass Cache on Cookies, Railgun, Mirage, Polish, etc., but not the whole Pro Plan / Business Plan package.
6. Tip Jar. Give us, Cloudflare Free Plan users, the ability to thank you for your free service by allowing us to give you some tip from time to time if we want to. Not all of us can pay a monthly fee for your service that’s why we are on Free Plan, but we can show gratitude by giving you some tip when we are really in the mood of giving. 😉
That’s all I can think of. I wish they would listen or consider some of these wishes. If you have anything to add, feel free to share them on the comment section below. 🙂